- The company smart insights GmbH, smart insights GmbH, Findorffstraße 22-24, 28215 Bremen, Germany, uses personal data (e.g. titles, names, addresses, email addresses, telephone numbers, IP addresses) in line with the provisions of German data protection legislation. This means that smart insights only collects, stores and processes the data made available to it by users.
- As part of our personalised services, your data is processed for market research purposes, provided that you have consented to this.
- We also collect non-personal data that does not permit direct association with any specific individual. smart insights® may collect, use, pass on and disclose non-personal data for any purpose. In addition to survey data (besides a participant’s responses, this consists in particular of the date, start and end time of the survey, duration of the survey, browser on which the survey was completed, operating system, end device and survey language), non-personal data includes the postcode, location and time zone in which the products and services offered by smart insights® are used.
If non-personal data is linked with personal data, this linked data will be treated as personal data for as long as the link exists.
- Information of a general nature is automatically collected as soon as a user accesses one of smart insights GmbH’s surveys. This data (server log files) includes the date and time of access, the web browser and operating system in use, the survey called up and, if applicable, the website from which the survey was accessed (referrer URL) and the IP address. This data is required from a technical point of view to ensure that the survey being accessed is displayed correctly, and is mandatory when the internet is in use. It only consists of data that cannot be used to directly identify the respective survey participant. The data is needed to operate, maintain, protect and monitor the system to make sure that it remains in proper working order.
- The data is transferred in an encrypted form to help prevent it being misused by third parties. Your data is processed within the Federal Republic of Germany.
- Users may withdraw at any time and with effect for the future their consent to the use of their data and their consent to be contacted. Both this consent and the withdrawal of consent are recorded by smart insights® in accordance with statutory requirements. Consent may be withdrawn by sending an email to email@example.com or by writing to smart insights® using the postal address listed in point 1 above.
- Users are also entitled at any time to amend, block or delete their data, to request that their data be amended, blocked or deleted, or to withdraw their consent for their data to be used.
- If users would like to receive more information about the storage of their personal data or if they wish for their personal data to be deleted, blocked or amended, they may write to the email address specified in point 6 or the postal address specified in point 1 above for support.
- Over and beyond the extent to which consent has been given as outlined above, any personal data belonging to the user and given to smart insights GmbH will not be made accessible to any third parties without the user’s separate written consent, unless disclosure is required by law or due to official orders.
- 256-bit SSL encryption (Secure Sockets Layer) is used to transfer discrete data in order to protect it from manipulation or access by unauthorised parties.
Cookies are text files that are stored on your computer, e.g. when you are using websites. Cookies contain information that the web server can retrieve and process the next time you visit the website.
Cookies remain on your computer or mobile device until they expire (e.g. after one year) or until you delete them personally. Cookies can also be in the form of „session cookies“, which are deleted immediately after you close your browser. Our website uses both types of cookie.
If you do not wish to accept cookies, you may deactivate cookies in your browser settings or choose to be notified whenever a cookie is stored on your computer. You may, of course, also delete our cookies as soon as you leave our website.
Our web pages use Google Analytics. Google Analytics employs cookies, which are text files that, for example, are stored on your computer and make it possible to analyse how you use our website. The information generated in this way is generally transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there. If IP anonymisation is activated on this website, within the member states of the European Union and in other states that are Contracting Parties to the Agreement on the European Economic Area, Google will abbreviate your IP address before transmitting it to the USA.
Your full IP address will only be transmitted to a Google server in the USA and shortened there in certain rare exceptional cases. Google will use this information on behalf of the website operator to analyse your use of the website. The IP address shared by your browser during the Google Analytics process will not be linked to other data collected by Google.
You can prevent the storage of cookies by adjusting your browser settings accordingly. However, doing so may prevent you from making full use of all of the features found on this website.
You can also prevent Google from collecting and processing the data generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available at the following link:
Newsletter, competitions, prize draws and advertising
- You may withdraw at any time and with effect for the future your consent to the use of your data and your consent to be contacted. Both this consent and the withdrawal of consent are recorded by us in accordance with statutory requirements. Consent may be withdrawn by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by sending a letter to our postal address.
You are also entitled at any time to amend, block or delete your data, to request that your data be amended, blocked or deleted, or to withdraw your consent for your data to be used for direct marketing or advertising purposes.
If you would like to receive more information about the storage of your personal data or if you wish for your personal data to be deleted, blocked or amended, you may email email@example.com or write to our postal address for support.
Over and beyond the extent to which consent has been given as outlined above, any personal data given to us will not be made accessible to any third parties without your separate written consent, unless disclosure is required by law or due to official orders.
General terms and conditions of participation in competitions and prize draws
Competition and prize draw organiser
The organiser of the competition/prize draw is the company smart insights GmbH, smart insights GmbH, Findorffstraße 22-24, 28215 Bremen, Germany.
Scope and acknowledgement of the general terms and conditions of participation
The following general terms and conditions apply to the participation in competitions/prize draws organised by smart insights GmbH. We reserve the right to stipulate special terms and conditions of participation for individual competitions/prize draws.
On taking part in a competition/prize draw organised by smart insights GmbH, the participant expressly acknowledges that the following general terms and conditions of participation are binding:
Participation is open to natural persons aged 14 or over. Participants under 18 years of age require the consent of a parent or legal guardian to take part.
Employees of smart insights GmbH, employees of partners involved in the respective competition/prize draw and anyone who is or was involved in running the respective competition/prize draw are not eligible to take part. The children, parents, siblings, grandparents and grandchildren of such persons as well as their spouses or cohabiting partners are also prohibited from taking part.
- Details about how to take part in the competition or prize draw/selection procedure/prize
Participants will be informed about how to take part in the competition or prize draw in an „FAQs“ section and during the course of specific surveys. The details provided here include information about the start and end of the competition and the scoring system.
The value of non-cash prizes cannot be paid out in cash and non-cash prizes may not be exchanged. The right to a prize is non-transferable. We will use the participants‘ data to contact them in the event that they win a prize.
When prizes are provided by partners or prize sponsors, we only offer these prizes in their name. In such cases, we are not responsible for ensuring that the prize is awarded on time and in full, nor are we liable for material or legal defects or for the insolvency of our partner and the resulting effects on the competition/prize draw.
Any image or written description of the prize found in the description of the competition/prize draw may differ from the prize actually awarded, in particular in terms of aspects such as the model, colour and features.
- Exclusion of participants
We reserve the right to disqualify participants from taking part in the competition/prize draw. This applies in particular in the event of culpable violations of the terms and conditions of participation, if participants manipulate or attempt to manipulate the participation process or the game, or if they make use of other dishonest means. We may disqualify participants if they make comments of a criminal nature, in particular by expressing themselves in a defamatory or inflammatory way. We also reserve the right to assess the quality of users‘ individual responses and to disqualify them from the competition/prize draw if we deem this appropriate thereafter.
- Disqualification of prize winners
Prizes will not be awarded to minors under 14 years of age. If we later find out that the participant has committed one of the grounds for disqualification specified in Figure 4 or does not meet the requirements for participation outlined in Figure 1, we reserve the right not to award them with the prize.
- Publication of names
If participants use the my opinion® app to take part in a competition, we may publish the winner’s user name in our newsletter, on our web pages and on social media. We will not publish the winner’s full name or email address.
- Cancellation of the competition/prize draw
We reserve the right to cancel or end the competition/prize draw at any time. This applies in particular in the event of force majeure or if the competition/prize draw cannot be held or continued due to other (organisational, technical or legal) reasons. In such an event, the participants are not entitled to make any claims against us.
- Right to appeal
The decision is final.
We are not liable for any damage arising in connection with participation in the competition/prize draw or in connection with the acceptance or use of the prize, unless the competition/prize draw organiser and/or its vicarious agents have acted with intent or gross negligence. Any claims for damages arising from loss of life, physical injury or damage to health or from breaches of material contractual obligations remain unaffected by this.
If one or more of the above clauses is or becomes null and void, ineffective or unenforceable in part or in full, this shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions. The clause in question shall be replaced by a relevant valid clause. The same shall apply in the event of a gap in the provisions.
If you have any questions about data protection and IT security at smart insights®, please contact our external data protection officer, Dr. Stephan Schenk.
Kanzlei Dr. Schenk
Solicitor Dr Stephan Schenk